The Musical Alliance of the United States
Alliance members pledge:
- to respect the music of others
- to see musical boundaries as permeable
- to seek solidarity with those whose music is different from their own
- to use music as a tool for communication and reconciliation when that is possible
- to encourage those at all levels of ability to find their passion in making music
- to work to expand the circle of those who make music
Contributing members pledge:
- to actively promote the goals of the alliance through their own performances and through other activities.
Those who create music or encounter it in live performance share a common ground that transcends their differences in musical preference and sensibility. The Musical Alliance encourages its members to use their music to build bridges between individuals, cultures and classes, and to envision those moments of creativity as metaphors for living in the world.